SUN ODYSSEY 439, James
- Boat typeSailboat
- Production year2015
- Capacity10 persons
- No. of Showers2
- No. of Toilets2
- Length12.99 m
- Beam4.24 m
- Mainsail TypeFull batten
- Genoa TypeFurling / Roll
- Tonage9.64 t
- Draught2.2 m
- Water tank capacity530 l
- Number of steering wheels2
- Number of steering blades1
- Steering type2 steering wheels
- Engine type54 hp
- Engine power54 hp
- Bow thrusterYes
- Plotter in cockpitYes
- Baden platoYes
- Folding tableYes
- Bunk bedYes
- Power generatorNo
- Solar panelsNo
Why choose yachting°com?
Cruise Cancellation Insurance
Yacht location on the map
Explore more boats for rent
By Boat Brand and Type:
Frequently asked questions
- To charter a boat, a valid skipper's licence is required. If you don't have one, you have the option to rent the boat with a professional skipper. Simply indicate this when you make your booking enquiry, and we will be happy to match you with a qualified skipper.
- The answer to this question can be complex, as licensing requirements differ depending on the country where you plan to charter a boat. For instance, a licence that is accepted in one country may not be recognised in another. Additionally, some countries require that you hold a licence issued by your own country of residence. For a comprehensive understanding of the various types of skipper's licences and their international validity, please consult our Guide to International Skipper's Licences.
- Prices for additional services can be found on each boat's page. Under the Basic Parameters section you will find a link to detailed information. The price on our website does not include transit log, tourist tax and other additional services.
- You will confirm your reservation by first sending payment by the date indicated on the contract you receive from the dealer.
- Opting for EXTRA insurance lowers your deductible to only 10% of the deposit amount in case of a claim, as opposed to the 20% deductible with BASIC insurance. Additionally, EXTRA coverage includes insurance for secondary sails and liability protection. For a full breakdown of deposit insurance options, please refer to our detailed guide.
It's certainly not a requirement, however we always recommend cancellation insurance to our customers, especially when booking boats well in advance. Unexpected events have always complicated holidays and you risk forfeiting your funds. We've summarised 7 reasons why it pays to take out cancellation insurance.
Sun Odyssey 439
One of the traditional charter bestsellers. This is a very nice sailing yacht, about which perhaps no one can say anything bad. Clients also praise the very pleasant handling characteristics and the high quality of the sails.
Almost all of the Sun Odyssey 439s offered have a full-beam mainsail, so you'll enjoy the trim. We recommend the boat to families with children, as well as to groups of enthusiastic sailors wanting a boat that will go fast under sail so they can enjoy real sailing to the fullest. The boat is also suitable for autumn or spring sailing, but when sailing outside the high season, you'd better make sure your chosen boat has a heater.
Capacity and equipment
Most of these boats are designed for a maximum of 10 people, with four cabins and two bathrooms. The layout provides plenty of comfort and privacy for all crew members. If you desire more space, go with only 8 crew members so that no one has to sleep in the salon.
Expect to have to be careful in areas with shoals or rocks. Some Sun Odyssey 439s have a draft of over 2 metres, so you need to keep an honest eye on the depths.
Where can you sail from?
The Sun Odyssey 439 sells very well partly because it is very popular and therefore readily available in many parts of the world. Some of the traditional destinations where you will see these boats include Croatia, Greece, Italy. But with Sun Odyssey Bowmore you can also sail in the north, specifically in Sweden, but with Sun Odyssey Gael you can discover the wild Tenerife, with Sun Odyssey Ferdinand you can admire the beauty of Montenegro and with Sun Odyssey Timaria you can discover Belgium. With Sun Odyssey Esquitx you can sail around the party island of Ibiza and there is also Sun Odyssey Utrillo at the end of the world and the beginning of paradise, in French Polynesia.
TheFrench shipyard Jeanneau has been building yachts since 1957. Originally specialising in motor boats, then single-hulled sailboats, it later began producing catamarans under the Lagoon brand. In 1995, it was integrated into the Bénéteau group. Throughout its history, it has launched more than 250 000 boats. It therefore has many years of experience in yacht production.
Modern design and timelessness
Today, Jeanneau prides itself on tradition, building a community around the sea and modern design. It aims to provide people with unforgettable experiences on the water through its boats. The design of their boats is modern and strives for timelessness. The boats of this brand have elegant lines and are characterized by comfortable amenities and precision to the last detail.
The most popular Jeanneau models
Originally a French company, the company represents a large number of smaller companies involved in the boating industry, including Jeanneau, Lagoon, Prestige, Excess... Founded in 1884 by Benjamin Bénéteau, the brand still has the hallmark of a traditional family business, as it is still run by distant relatives of the founder. Today, it is a group of companies with an impressive portfolio.
Innovation and prestige
Beneteau prides itself on research and innovation. Their boats take part in the most prestigious yacht races around the world. For example, the Figaro model pioneered the use of foils in racing sailboats. They have a reputation as a true authority in the world of boat building. The fact that the best designers and architects in the world regularly apply for employment with this manufacturer is testament to its extraordinary prestige.
The most popular models
Beneteau's best-known brands include the cruiser Oceanis, the slightly sportier First and the sport-racing Figaro. Among the powerboats, the Flyer, Swift Trawler, Gran Turismo or Antares stand out. Most popular on the charter market are the Oceanis 38.1 for holiday cruising, the First 35 for regattas or sport cruising and the Antares 36 for fast motoring.