Bavaria 46 Cruiser, Sun of Life
- Boat typeSailboat
- Production year2015
- Capacity9 persons
- No. of Showers3
- No. of Toilets3
- Length14.27 m
- Beam4.35 m
- Mainsail TypeFurling / Roll
- Genoa TypeFurling / Roll
- Tonage12600 t
- Draught2.1 m
- Water tank capacity360 l
- Number of steering wheels2
- Number of steering blades1
- Steering type2 steering wheels
- Engine power55 hp
- Bow thrusterYes
- Plotter in cockpitYes
- Baden platoYes
- Folding tableNo
- Bunk bedNo
- Power generatorNo
- Solar panelsNo
Why choose yachting°com?
Cruise Cancellation Insurance
Yacht location on the map
Explore more boats for rent
By Boat Brand and Type:
Frequently asked questions
- To charter a boat, a valid skipper's licence is required. If you don't have one, you have the option to rent the boat with a professional skipper. Simply indicate this when you make your booking enquiry, and we will be happy to match you with a qualified skipper.
- The answer to this question can be complex, as licensing requirements differ depending on the country where you plan to charter a boat. For instance, a licence that is accepted in one country may not be recognised in another. Additionally, some countries require that you hold a licence issued by your own country of residence. For a comprehensive understanding of the various types of skipper's licences and their international validity, please consult our Guide to International Skipper's Licences.
- Prices for additional services can be found on each boat's page. Under the Basic Parameters section you will find a link to detailed information. The price on our website does not include transit log, tourist tax and other additional services.
- You will confirm your reservation by first sending payment by the date indicated on the contract you receive from the dealer.
- Opting for EXTRA insurance lowers your deductible to only 10% of the deposit amount in case of a claim, as opposed to the 20% deductible with BASIC insurance. Additionally, EXTRA coverage includes insurance for secondary sails and liability protection. For a full breakdown of deposit insurance options, please refer to our detailed guide.
It's certainly not a requirement, however we always recommend cancellation insurance to our customers, especially when booking boats well in advance. Unexpected events have always complicated holidays and you risk forfeiting your funds. We've summarised 7 reasons why it pays to take out cancellation insurance.
Bavaria 46 Cruiser
This sailing yacht was named European Yacht of the Year 2015. It is therefore rightly one of the most popular Bavaria models. This classic "Bavaria" is very popular with our clients and thus reigns supreme in the charter market.
For whom is it suitable
We recommend the Bavaria 46 Cruiser to family or friends who want to experience the comfort of the sea. You will be hard pressed to find a boat in this category offering more space, comfort, a touch of luxury and ease of handling. The manufacturer has also focused on safety. It is stable in wind and waves, so you don't have to worry about any weather conditions.
How big is it?
The Bavaria 46 cruiser has an incredibly spacious cockpit where you and your crew can hang out. As for the number of cabins, it comes in two versions – with 3 cabins, where the forward one is a really huge "master cabin", and with 4 cabins, where there are two smaller cabins in the bow, each with its own bathroom. Read more about this ship in the article Review: the Bavaria 46 cruiser.
Rent a gennaker to go with it
Interestingly, although this is a cruiser, you can rent a gennaker to go with it. So if you know it's not supposed to blow too much during your cruise, we recommend renting this additional sail. Read more in the article: 5 reasons to rent a gennaker.
The history of this shipyard dates back to 1978 and has gradually become one of the most famous in Europe and the largest in Germany. Experienced ship engineers, a tradition in shipbuilding and perfectionism is inherent to it. The company prides itself on the careful selection of workers and therefore the high quality of the workmanship of the ships. It chooses materials to be as suitable as possible. The shipyard produces sailboats, motorboats and now catamarans under the Nautitech brand.
What distinguishes the Cruiser range?
The Cruiserrange is characterised by comfort, equipment for circumnavigating the islands around the coast and is recommended more for family holidays. The C series strives for better handling, performance and sailing enjoyment. The C series has a specially designed V-shaped hull for a better ride.
The most popular Bavaria Yachts models
Boats from the Bavaria brand are some of the most popular on the charter market. They offer good value for money and are equipped with everything you need for a relaxing cruise. These boats are therefore not very suitable for racing or professional sailing. Nevertheless, for example, the Bavaria 46 Cruiser has the option of hiring a gennaker. In addition to the aforementioned Bavaria 46 Cruiser, some of the most popular models of this brand are the Bavaria 41 Cruiser or the Bavaria C45.